Through S.A.G.E. youth will be more likely to:
- Engage in post-secondary education upon graduating high school
- Enter a career lattice where progress may be sideways or lateral and require resourcefulness flexibility and transferrable skills
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to be assets to their families and be engaged in their communities
We evaluate the impact of our programs according to quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- 100%: Number of 12th graders in SAYA!'s College Access Program gained admission to an institute of higher learning
- 200: Average increase in SAT scores of students enrolled in SAYA!'s Test Preparation Program
- 7,700: Estimated number of youth served since SAYA!’s inception in 1996
Academic Support and College Access
We witness improved rates of college admission and attendance, improvements in school performance and standardized tests, and job and internship placements.
We witness heightened self-confidence, public speaking, civic engagement, knowledge and participation in social and political issues which impact communities.
Sports and Wellness
We witness changes in physical and mental health, collective decision-making and team work, conflict negotiation and trust-building with peers, adults and families.
We witness greater skill and technique in areas such as photography, dance, and theatre, complexity of stories, and invitations to partner with major arts institutions.
Social and Emotional Support
We witness improved school attendance, strengthened relationships with family and peers, participation in after school activities and achievement of personal goals.